Monday, October 20, 2014

Pinterest Success - Pancake Squares

I don't enjoy cooking....or baking. I do it to feed our family. And I do it to eat something yummy, but the amount of mess and time it takes, is not something I enjoy. I do get bored of eating the same things over and over though, so I have a pinterest recipe board full of tasty things to try. I'm always reluctant to try something different, because I don't like wasting time and energy and money on a flop! So, I thought I'd share a recipe that worked and that everyone (even my husband) enjoyed.

Pancake Squares by Big Red Kitchen. They were delicious, and I liked that I didn't have to sit at the stove flipping pancakes. I was worried they would be too sweet and taste like cake, but they were just perfect.



I doubled the recipe to fit in a 9x13 pan, and our family probably could have eaten 2 pans....so plan accordingly!

Pancake Squares
3/4 cup milk
2 T. melted butter
1 large egg
1 T. sugar
1 cup flour
2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt

Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease an 8×8 baking dish. In a large mixing bowl, beat together milk, butter and egg. Add sugar, then gradually beat the flour in. Carefully stir in the baking powder and salt. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Serves 4-6.

 

We ate them just as is with a little butter and syrup, but they would be yummy with berries and whipped cream too (of course.)

No comments: