Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Ten on Tuesday

Since my blogging has been pretty sporadic, I thought I'd do a little update.

1. We are homeschooling. I love it and love that it is working for our family. I've always liked the idea of homeschooling, but thought that it would send me to the loony bin. John has always wanted to homeschool and after a year of seriously contemplating it and lots of prayer, we decided to take the plunge. So far we are all loving it, and I think I'm still sane.

2. John started his own appliance repair business. He started out slow just doing it on the side after he got his Journeyman certificate at the end of last year, and since June, has been working on his own. His business is called "Yer Appliance" (get it...Hill "Yer"), and it has been going pretty well. He enjoys it and it is nice to have the freedom that goes along with owning your own business.


3. I'm pregnant with our 6th child and it's a BOY! We are super excited and can't wait to meet this little man.


4. Hockey season has started. I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with it. Sam is going to be starting "Ice Cubes" and is super excited about it.


5. Our home renos have come to a bit of a standstill. We used up all of our extra money that we got with our mortgage to finish some stuff, so there's not as much drive to get stuff done. There is still lots to be done, but at least the major things are over with.


6. Last spring, for the first time in my life ever, I was waking up at 6 to exercise every day. I went running with 2 of my friends 3x each week, and then I signed up for a bootcamp that was 3x each week also. Aside from feeling sore everyday, I loved it and loved getting up early. Then I found out I was pregnant. I finished off the bootcamp, and ran the 5K we were training for, and then stopped all together. Lame. I wish I would have kept with it, but just didn't have the motivation anymore. I hardly had any morning sickness though, so maybe the exercise helped with that.


7. I love eating apples with peanut butter.

8. I finally hung up some pictures in our house after living here for over a year.

9. I can't think of anything else to say....

10. Yup, still nothing...

No comments: